Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I love Robot Chicken!!!!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    It's sketch comedy with toys!!!!!!


    A scene from "OZ"
    30 17073

    The new animated program from Seth Green and Matthew Senreich. The stop-motion series entitled Robot Chicken currently airing on the late-night programming block "Adult Swim".

    What is Robot Chicken?
    "Robot Chicken" was a dish from the Chinese restaurant where Seth & Matthew ordered take-out, while they were writing the show.

    About the Creators:
    Seth Green
    Known for his acting roles in dozens of movies like The Italian Job, Without a Paddle and the Austin Powers films. He has also appeared extensively on television, starring in the hit series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and as the voice of Chris in Family Guy.

    Matthew Senreich
    A former ToyFare editor. Began his career working in comic books before joining Wizard Entertainment, Wizard is a magazine covering comic books, action figures, anime and collectible card gaming. Senreich was named editor of ToyFare, then editorial director for all of Wizard's publications.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...so...its that "Twisted Toyfare Theatre" thing, only in stop-motion...?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Dark Angel-:
    ...so...its that "Twisted Toyfare Theatre" thing, only in stop-motion...?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pretty much. You would have loved one of the skits last week: Satanic Peanuts, lol.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dropshipbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2005
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhh....so that's why I didn't like it. It's half written by a TTFT writer. After the first handful of issues with that section, I started skipping it completely, it never really struck me as funny. I just saw my first episode this past Sunday night of Robot Chicken...the one with Vader and Luke, and that was really the only part that even got a chuckle from me. The rest I just stared at glassy-eyed.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member White Line Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dig the concept a lot, but very few bits have been hysterically funny.

    The show's pretty popular, so I hope it keeps going-- with a better writing staff on it... especially if they're pairing it with other (and far funnier) [adult swim] staples like Family Guy, Aqua Teen, and Futurama.

    It's not like Robot Chicken is prime time on network TV. It's on late on cable, so they can push the humor as far as it'll go. There's a lot of potential that's yet to have been tapped. Hopefully Cartoon Network is airing the more "safe" stuff because they didn't know if the show would fly or not, but now have given the guys free reign.

    Robot Chicken's a fun show, and I wish Seth Green and Matt Senreich the best of luck.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I didn't mean to imply anything negative, I have no problem with Toyfare magazine...just that it sounded a little bit...ripped-off. Slightly. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Toyfare did a bit with G.I.Joes a while back that I loved...Spider-Man showed Duke how to aim his gun, Duke proceeded to kill a Cobra soldier, and everyone freaked out. You kinda had to be there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Dark Angel-:
    Well, I didn't mean to imply anything negative, I have no problem with Toyfare magazine...just that it sounded a little bit...ripped-off. Slightly. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Toyfare did a bit with G.I.Joes a while back that I loved...Spider-Man showed Duke how to aim his gun, Duke proceeded to kill a Cobra soldier, and everyone freaked out. You kinda had to be there. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first ep. of Robot Chicken had Optimus Prime giving a public service announcement about prostate cancer. It started with a sketch where when ever the autobots went into battle prime had to take a potty break. he later died of cancer and transformed into a casket. then told everyone in a PBS moment that robots cant get cancer but humans can.
    Flash forward a few skits, the human torch is sitting in the Dr. office and exclames "It burns when I pee"
    Prime pops up in the corner and says:" WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU!!!!"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!

    another show we probably don't get.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why cant this be in Canada?!

    *waits for jokes about the wilderness, and back-bacon* [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by Darby O'Toymank:
    why cant this be in Canada?!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't worry.

    You Canadians still have your sisters and mooses...


    And hockey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •